Hi all, our mission is to clean up of the community hall of this Orang Asli (OA) village in Sg Buloh as the Jabatan Orang Asli Msia (JAKOA) has failed to provide funds for the renovation & rebuilding of this hall which now serves 170 OA families. FYI the hall is smaller than a badminton court! That aside, we can't rebuild but we can certainly make it better!! Here goes some task to be finished within 4 hours and divided into 3 teams. Please put your hand up on which area u can lead & let me know what items i have missed out ;)
Cleaning team - will clean the window panes, scrap paint from walls & clean surroundings
- Paint scrapers
- Lots of rags for washing window panes
- Garbage bags
- Gardening scissors
- Broom & dust pan
Painting team - will just paint inside, if time & weather permits then we paint outside. Please bring:
- Paint brushes
- Paint pan
- White colour paint for the wall
- Shellac for the main door
Reading corner team - please bring/collect used/new
- Children/young adult books in English & Bahasa Msia
- Wall charts/decor
- Book shelves
Office setup team - space for 2-3 working adults. We already have a big office table & chair. Looking for:
- 2 small office tables
- Shelves for keeping files
- Small cabinets
- Toilet repair team - will buy necessary equipment to repair the toilet. Do bring some fragrance or toilet related items if you can spare to spruce up the space!
- Picture the Sg Buloh Hospital main entrance on your right as you drive.
- Keep driving for 1km and turn left into the 2nd bridge (landmark is Dewan Orang Ramai).
- After crossing the bridge, turn LEFT into the nursery area where there is a narrow road.
- Keep going through the nurseries (its a long road) until u reach the Buddhist temple on your right.
- Then turn right before the electrical phylon ie the junction next to the temple into another narrow road where there is a blue signage which says Kampung Orang Asli.
- Follow the signageuntil you pass another bridge (main water pipe in sight) +1Km.
- Look for the OA Dewan Orang Ramai ie a blue/green single story builing with blue roof towards the left, or start asking people ;)